Monday, July 17, 2006

Summer afternoon - Summer afternoon... the two most beautiful words in the English language. -Henry James

I love summer and the heat but this is a little ridiculous. Kudos to the girls who got their long runs in (Lisa-18!!!, Josie-12!!!, Paula-12!!!!!) . You will be ready come Oct. 1. I can't wait.

2+ hours sitting on my bike in front of two very large and unforgiving mirrors and I have a brand new ride! I will elaborate later...I provided Stu, the ADHD fitter who perfected my bike, with some good entertainment Friday night. More later (I dropped my camera phone so I don't have the pics right now).

The future of "girl power" was in my kitchen chewing on pb&js, doritos and grapes Sun.. going through teen magazines and bebop'n to the stereo. I should have known peaceful moments with 7 girls under 8yrs old wouldn't last long. But it was nice while it lasted and I try to savor those moments while I'm still allowed in the room.

The ESPY awards were hosted by Mr. Lance Armstrong last night. They had some GREAT commercials...better then the superbowl I thought. My boyfriend Matthew McCaughnahgghy (I can't spell his name) introduced a story about two young girls from Afghanistan who were awarded the Arther Ashe "Courage"? award. Very inspiring. I am looking for the clip and hope to add it here. I want to show it to my daughters.

Not much in the log: Sat. 8am-12 mile LSL short course with Tori, 1 mile transition run. Sun am, 3 mile tempo run (9:30/mile...quick for me) on the treadmill...blech. Sweat all over the damn place.

Stay cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home