Thursday, June 29, 2006

"A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."

- George William Curtis

Log: I took basically a week off. Can't remember the last time I went that long. It became painfully obvious that the endorphins are what keep me sane. Wed., 30 minute run before triclub meeting. Thursday, 5:55am 3000yards swim. I've been ignoring my bike in my garage like it was somehow at fault for my bonking 2 weeks ago but it's time to get back in the saddle. They're turning on the heat again here in "Misery".

I said I wouldn't blog but it does distract me from thinking about how boring my lunch was. I found a great article written by a soldier stationed in Iraq. If you have a minute....it made me laugh and it made me think.


Bomb Craters As Potholes - Velonews posts diaries authored by various pro cyclists. However, one of the finest pieces we've read all year was sent in by an American soldier in Iraq. He was able to bring his bicycle and actually ride it in the compound. As you might expect, he's not without his own unique set of training obstacles. If you ride, this five-part series is a must read. Sustaining Sanity in Iraq.

4 Comments:

Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Not sure why. But the link doesn't appear to be working at this moment in time.

2:45 PM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

On another patriotic note, try this quiz. I got 18 right. Not bad. Although on one or two, I did guess.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13442226/?GT1=8211

4:29 PM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

It's working now.

4:05 PM  
Blogger karmadog said...

I got #15 wrong, because it asked for "representatives in congress." I was thinking "senators" and answered 100. Duhh.

I got #19 right, but it was a total guess.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home