Friday, June 09, 2006

"I thought of that while riding my bicycle." -- Albert Einstein

Log: Easy 3 mile run on the track. 84 degrees. Felt fine but track running is boring. Morgan went to a youth track program for the first time and had fun. I got my run in while she was with the team. Hopefully fixed my bike computer...changed battery and had to reset.

Well, I can now begin to obsess about the weather for the race tomorrow. My swim wave leaves at 8am and I hope to be done by 9:45. Hoping for dry roads and no wind. I expect to spend about 10 minutes in the water, and hour on my bike and about 35 minutes on the run. that doesn't leave any time for transitions which are going to be tricky considering the venue. With that goal I need to be quicker on the run but we'll see. Still planning on not having to walk!

Tomorrow: Partial cloudiness early, with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 89F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Dammit!

Tonight I drive out to pick up my packet which should include instructions, a swim cap that corresponds to my swim wave, my race number and chip timer which is worn on my ankle I believe. Schwag includes a t-shirt and coolmax socks and samples. This is a fun part....everyone excited and anxious about the race.

I hope everyone had a good week! Mine was pretty busy...best wishes to the girls running in the Bellin 10K. You ROCK! I see PR's for all. Oh, and Lisa is published AGAIN :) in a magazine...filed a race report for the Chicago Shamrock Shuffle 8K in Runner's World. Is there nothing she can't do???!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home