Tuesday, June 06, 2006

“Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm

Hey all,

Log update: Sun. rest day. (Sort of....went on a hour long bike ride with my girls for doughnuts...that evens out right? They got new helmets and are very cute!) Monday: flats Monday night ride, perfect cond. abt 75 degrees. Computer still broke, 24+ miles in about 1:20...someone else do the math. Last hard effort until the race on Sat.. Tuesday...snuck in a long lunch and swam about 1400 yds with my new st. louis tri club tank on!!! Had to make sure it didn't drag too much. I am NOT one of those impossibly tiny athletes that race in a bra top and bikini bottoms. Not yet anyway. It's on the tight side so I look a little like a stuffed sausage but oh well. Like I said, there might be pictures.

Anyway, my header suggests finding peace in life. I live amongst a fair amount of chaos. I admit, I even create some. Unintentionally perhaps. In fact for a long time there was so much chaos that I lost myself a little. Maybe that's part of being a mom. But it didn't feel right. And for me, I think it's important for my girls to see their mother passionate about more than motherhood. So, I decided to look around a little bit more, make a few more connections with people, step outside my comfort zone and certain expectations and try to find a balance that worked. And most days I come pretty close. It's opened up a whole new chapter in my life that is already filled with many blessings. However, it's a fragile balance. Mine's been a little off kilter the last few days. That usually means change is about to happen which is always hard for me. So, I'll hope for peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home