Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Friends are family you make for yourself

Just a few thoughts about the rest of the holiday weekend. I have a great family-in-law that is alot of fun. I am lucky to have many friends and acquiantences through work and training. I am happiest when there are 8+ kids from the neighborhood eating pb&j's at our table for lunch and the house is a mess. However....I live 500 miles from my family (which is small to begin with) and most of my closest friends. So my limited time with them is something I look forward to and treasure. This weekend one of my dearest friends PJ came to visit with her awesome family. My heart is always lighter when I'm around her. Her oldest tells the best stories, her middle has the best smile and her youngest....well, she's just the best. Her husband is great company and a great dad and lets us go do girl stuff without complaining. Some of the things Candi and Brandi got to do:
*watched our kids swim
*fed the goats at Grant's Farm
*sample some sort of new malted strawberry/cranberry adult beverages
*SHOP - PJ is a power shopper :)
*Cheesecake Factory for dessert
*10K run (scoffed at the 80degree heat and humidity and laughed at the puker and sweaty guys)
*got some sun at the pool
*Cardinals game....Pujols hit a 3 run homer and Dan caught a foul ball that bounced off the upper deck
*saw the Arch
*Ted Drews custard

All in all it was a fabulous weekend. I hope the gods of weather, friendship and family shined on everyone this weekend.

You Back off Beaverhausen!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

So did you finally find the courage to go up INTO the arch?

10:24 AM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

I highly recommend it. It's a nice view.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home