Thursday, June 01, 2006

My journey begins with a choice to get up, step out, and live fully.

Training log update: 6:15pm Wed.,4.5 mile run: 76 degrees, 110% humidity, felt fine. Found out I sweat out 48oz of fluids in 50 minutes (I was 3lbs less at the end of my run) Yikes!
5:55am Thurs., 3200yd swim-sprint intervals. Swam next to a guy who's doing an ironman race at the end of the month in Idaho. Go buddy!

Is it time for lunch yet?

I admit I get lost from time to time. And I am usually the first one to stop and ask directions because I hate not knowing where I'm going. I also like to be helpful and friendly. HOWEVER, let it be known that stopping a sweaty runner, wearing an MP3 player, going in the OPPOSITE direction (so runner must stop instead of continuing to run while leaning towards an open window) to ask for directions, is in very poor form. This keeps happening to me...and I had to laugh a little last night because the guy who stopped me was trying to deliver Chinese food and didn't speak English very well. I never did understand what he was trying to find.
Every run is a good one because I'm moving and using my body. Yet some runs are harder than others. And sometimes it's hard to get moving again once I stop. And chances are I don't know where you need to go either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home