Friday, June 30, 2006

"My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me." -J. Vivano

Really busy day today....so no updates from me. But I did get this inspiring and uplifting video in my email this morning. Take 2 minutes and check it out.

This is the famous father and son duo that competes in athletic challenges together. The son is quadriplegic. They have run the Boston marathon 23-24 times! They also compete in Iron man competitions - For that event, competitors have to swim 2 1/2 miles through the ocean and then peddle a bicycle 112 miles before running a hilly, 26.2-mile marathon.
In the triathlon swim, Rick lies on his back in a rubber raft attached by rope to a wetsuit vest worn by his father. In the bike portion, Rick sits in a chair attached to the front of Dick's bike, and on the run, Dick pushes Rick in the race chair.
Here is the link to the video and make sure your sound is on....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjPrL3n63yg

1 Comments:

Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

That video is very moving. It's hard not to tear up.

I saw them featured on HBO's "Real Sports" about a year ago. I think the father said that he would continue to compete as long as his body allows him to do so.

Good stuff.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home