Friday, May 25, 2007

Just so you know...

I'm alive and well and have NOT, as I have may or may not have been worried about at one point or another, been chopped up and thrown in the Mississippi River. But that's another story.

And in case you were wondering, and are prepared should the opportunity present itself, there is NOTHING more amazing than watching your daughter stand on a stage, by herself, in front of the entire elementary school and assembled parents and sing like an angel. From the beautiful depths of her heart, without fear or apprehension. Her voice was sweet and strong and I was so proud of her.
(I know what you're thinking...give us a break already...don't worry, alien Mimi returned and promptly rolled her eyes at me before the hour was up. I'll take my sweet mommy moments when I can get them. They are getting fewer and further between lately)

In other news, I signed up to go camping.

In the woods.

In a tent.

With the bugs.

And the sweating.

And some other stuff. If you don't hear from me after next weekend? Check the river.

Hopefully I'll check in more next week; lots of stuff going on with this girl!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger karmadog said...

I think camping is one of the things that put me in therapy.

Watch out for raccoons, Lady E!

2:19 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

hey erin,
i get all steamy eyed watching my nephew read in front of his church, i can't imagine when someday i am a parent and not just an aunt. shit i cry when my dog behaves at the dogpark among his little doggie peers..... ugh...
have fun camping. if you just be still and resonate with your surroundings, there really is a great amount of peace.........go get em tiger!!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Have fun. Oh... pictures!

8:06 AM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Just came by to say hello...

(Glad you're not in the Mississippi!)

2:40 PM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Think globally! Act locally!

Sorry, I know this doesn't apply to your blog entry. But I'm on a John Kern kick right now. And I felt the urge to repeat his mantra.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home