Saturday, May 05, 2007

Through history the ways of truth and love have always won. -Mahatma Gandi

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it, always. -Mahatma Gandhi

I have always been unapologetically moved and humbled by the men and women who have volunteered to protect and defend our country. I am thankful that I was born here. Even when, collectively, we manage to make some really questionable decisions regarding what is good and just. But for the grace of God, go I.

This VIDEO made me weep. (Make sure your speakers are on) Photographs do that to me sometimes. And emotions are raw.

I found this video on the day that it was announced that 4000 new US troops had landed in Baghdad.

The babies.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Charnas said...

Thank you. Thank you for this...I needed it so much more than you know...

8:04 AM  
Blogger Bob Stewart said...

who's apologizing?

11:38 AM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

It boggles the mind that some people can't separate supporting the troops and supporting the war. You can support one without supporting the other.

I am not anti-war by any means. But I thought this particular war was stupid and ridiculous since before it even started.

But I still support the troops. It's unamerican not to.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home