Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Link-a-licious...With Due Respect

Life is Funny. With a capital F.

I fear that if my DSL connection ever gets yanked I might have to go to rehab.

I got to thinking, when I grow up I want to be her or her, and if she can build her retirement home in his nostrils than I want to build mine in hers. And then if I get fired I hope to have her attitude and that her mom will let me sell Avon products to the world. And until I do grow up, I am so stalking her, the real reason I was tempted to throw my hat in this silly blogging circus. (Book tour! This summer! Chicago!)

What or who (whom? grammer police, a little help here) did you want to be when you grew up? (Hello...is this thing on? Where y'all been?)

So, spring is teasing us a little here in MO. You know what that means! Time to get back on the bike! Which I did on Saturday. Kept the rubber side down. Made an interesting observation that the wind CAN indeed blow from all directions at once creating a significant headwind no matter which direction the handlebars are pointing. But boy did that wind and ride do wonders for clearing out the cobwebs of a very long winter.

(Edited from original post 3/23/07)

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger karmadog said...

There's so much I want to say in response. It will be on my blog soon.

For now... 2 points:

1. Erin, you're cool.

2. I went for a walk OUTSIDE today! I would have biked, but logistically it would've been hard today (maybe tomorrow). But it sure is nice to breathe real air again, id'n it?

Thanks for the update, Lady E!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I've been here, clicking on your blog every day waiting for a new post from you (and Greg, and Brad, and ggg - c'mon people!).

Know what came to mind when I read this post? Just write... just write... just write.

You seemed to have opened it all up a little more today. Good for you!

By the way, I totally love OTJ! Thanks for turning me on to her. I want to be blogstalked someday, just like her!

7:48 AM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Climb on up and in!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Grandpa said...

I'm addicted! Keep em comming!

Hmmmm... wonder what Capital F REALLY means?

8:31 AM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Erin is indeed a cool chick.

And she posed a question. What did I want to be when I grew up? I may never know. I've never fully grown up. And dammit, I never will!

I've often said that I'm an adult only when I have to be. And quite honestly, it's not all that often. I'm a responsible adult. I pay my bills. I hold a job. I raise my kids. I have a wonderful wife. But when I don't have to play that adult role, I'm still a kid.

That's more fun.

9:47 AM  
Blogger mimikatemom said...

If someone offers you a gift, and you decline to accept it, the other person still owns that gift. The same is true of insults and verbal attacks. -Steve Pavlima "The Art of How To Win An Argument"

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home