Tuesday, February 06, 2007

It's Time...

After grumbling and cussing and shivering and itching my way through the last two weeks of freezing weather cold enough to make me LOSE MY RELIGION I think it's time for a top 10 list...

1. The SFPFH is finally done. (science fair project from hell...otherwise known as a public school's method for reducing the currently overloaded classrooms by resorting to provoking parents into making good on their threats of not allowing their third graders food or water UNTIL THE DAMN THING IS FINISHED knowing full well that 3rd graders are STUBBORN and don't understand the scientific method anyway so they will stage a hunger strike therefore significantly reducing enrollment in said public school.) Don't ask me how I know this.

2. My writing idol Jen has announced a THIRD book is going to be released!!! Look! ----->"BITTER IS THE NEW BLACK and BRIGHT LIGHTS, BIG ASS author Jen Lancaster's third book, PRETTY FAT: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover If Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big; Or, Why Pie Is Not the Answer, the story of the heretofore-unabashedly-plus-sized Jen's quest to lose fifty pounds in six months by any means possible, to Kara Cesare at NAL, for six figures, by Kate Garrick at DeFiore and Company"... from www.jennsylvania.com

3. CAPITAL LETTERS

4. I haven't fallen off the treadmill yet today. (Yes, I fell off again last night but did not bite it this time...I managed to stay on my feet and landed in the 12 inches between the deck and the wall. Ta-daaa!

5. My new little space heater

6. The fact that I fit (barely) in my summer clothes so I don't have to go shopping for my trip.

7. Funny email that made me laugh out loud this morning (thanks mom)

8. The fantastic, funny, world-traveling author of one of my favorite blogs actually checked out my blog! Check out www.othejoys.blogspot.com OMG! Very cool. But my excitement is tempered with a little sadness because her grandfather just passed away. My lantern is lit.

9. Antibiotics for little people that taste good. (Kate's sick) Paula, can I get an Amen?! ;)

10. Forgiveness


Your turn!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

10. "paw" friendly salt for the frozen sidewalk.
9. organic pasture fed beef to keep me warm during these below 0 days
8. the new Beck record
7. erin's "if" email this morning
6. yogi tea's
5. Whole foods underground heated parking lot
4. my extra tough boots i picked up in alaska a couple of years ago. these things are keeping my toes real warm the last couple days
3. smart wools
2. the dark chocolate le petit ecolier's on my counter
1. netflix

4:05 PM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

My top-10 list for February 7th, 2007. This is what going on with me right now.

10. The anticipation of the new season of Survivor
9. Howard Stern on Sirius
8. Saturday night pizza from Papa Murphy's
7. Getting to watch Brett Favre play another year
6. The warm bed after a late night walk with the dog
5. Youtube. Did you miss something? Find it on Youtube!
4. The little blogosphere we've created
3. My cool wife
2. The Bears loss in the Super Bowl. I cheered for the Colts as if I were cheering for my own beloved Packers. How sweet it is!
1. The sale of our first house!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey said...

Shout out to The Information, Jenny!

Spins in my ears 24/7!

"Darkness, we dance alone this way!"

Horrifically underappreciated.

5:36 PM  
Blogger karmadog said...

Burt! You sold the house! That is very good news!

My top 10: Top 10 what? Who knows.

1. MY cool wife.

2. My cool wife's cool new job: She gets to work from a home office, telling patients over the phone how to stay healthy! (Starts next month)

3. Metroid Prime

4. Latin Music

5. Bread

6. Being fully present

7. The "electric piano 2" sound on my Yamaha p-120... sweeeet!

8. Piano students who see themselves making progress

10. My 3-year-old daughter's knock knock jokes

6:36 PM  
Blogger karmadog said...

Meff wins "best to 10 list."

9:50 AM  
Blogger WALRUSDREAMS said...

At least Meff played right.

Dear Greg, as John Lennon once repeated incessantly, "Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9..."

10:20 AM  
Blogger mimikatemom said...

Agreed, I especially liked your description of Mallory...very cute.

Unconditional love perhaps?

(JUST KIDDING...DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT!!!! ;) )

10:32 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

10. The "old stink eye" game that my girls and I have invented. It involves the cutest of facial expressions.
9. Seeing the scale move downward.
8. The soreness I feel in my muscles.
7. The new friends, online and off, that I have made this past year.
6. Light at the end of long, dark tunnels.
5. A full tank of gas.
4. Jimmy Buffet's "All the Great Hits"
3. My cool hubby
2. Taking conversations to whole, new levels.
1. My daughters' inability to cease to amaze me.

5:01 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

jeff, can you do ren's cousin sven?

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home