Friday, January 12, 2007

Stress + PMS = decidedly UN-Buddhist-like behavior

Since Tuesday night, I've been debating in my head about whether or not it would have been appropriate to return a 9 year old girl (friend/enemy of Morgan in her brownie troop) to her parents by dragging her up to the door by her hair. I'll spare you the details, for now (but they involve kicking the shit out of my seat while I was driving the van while telling Morgan, who is planning on being the next Hillary Duff, that she can't sing), and although I have a long fuse, this would have been completely justified. At least in my current PMS'd state no court of law would have convicted me of any wrongdoing.

In other news...Kate got the dreaded "red note sent home to be signed by parents for evil misdeeds in kindergarten" yesterday. In very large perfect printing on bright red 8x10 paper it said, "Kate was involved in a water fight in art class." Umm, she's in kindergarten!!! This does not bode well for the future, I realize. There was explaining and scolding and grounding and head hanging. She got the message. Do I think she'll do things differently next time? Probably not. It didn't help that after said topic was discussed, there was laughing. By me. Is that wrong? Maybe cuz I can't do anything right now but think of the "big picture" and that so doesn't matter. I did refrain from asking for a copy of the signed red paper to be returned for her scrapbook. Must retain some form of parenting credibility.

Happy Friday!

Edit: Ok, sorry, I was venting a little there. Maybe I should have gone into detail. Those final two things happened after I'd been left in charge of wrangling this crazy child for the previous 2 hours during which she also performed a cartwheel in a ceramics shop.

3 Comments:

Blogger bstrouf said...

Note to self-

Stay the hell away from Erin when she is experiencing PMS.

Perhaps there is a "flaw" after all...

2:53 PM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

You must get that paper back. She may want to blog about it someday. And the visual reference would be cool!

3:06 PM  
Blogger karmadog said...

Water fight? Please.

A few weeks ago, Collin got pissed at a girl in the lunch line and proceeded to moon her. Not all the way down to his bare flesh, but tighty-whities were exposed.

The Dalai Lama he ain't.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home