Monday, December 25, 2006

What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future.

What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace. -Agnes M. Pharo

I'm almost late getting to the party but with 50 minutes left in Christmas day a review of my blessings makes me realize that indeed, my cup runneth over. I hope this day of celebration found you enjoying the company of family and friends.

I had to share what prompted this last minute post...my Morgan. She hasn't been front and center often lately and threatens to be overshadowed by her exuberant younger sister on a regular basis. But, Mimi doesn't miss much and expresses herself like her mother...in writing. Her lovely gift to me this year was a book of poems, Haiku and Diamante (yes, I had to look that up too). I wish I had a scanner but here's my favorites...

Chrismas so fun and
jolly. All the lights and fun!
Merry Christmas too.

Santa's red coat, so
cuddly and warm. I wish I
had that coat of his.

Santa,
Santa red
caroling, giving, receiving,
snow melt, candy canes,
eating, stocking, decorating
yummy, good,
Candy
This wouldn't be complete without my favorite Christmas quote: "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is to sing loudly for all to hear." -Buddy the elf
Happy Christmas! I'll probably get my cards out sometime in May.

5 Comments:

Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

A collection of her own poetry? Wow, that's mighty impressive.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Gregg said...

I agree with a collection of poetry being a pretty amazing gift.

And she might have just given the world a new red! There's blood red, cherry red, candy-apple red, and now...Santa red.

I love that.

12:30 PM  
Blogger karmadog said...

Erry Christmas, Merin!

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch, censorship!

8:25 AM  
Blogger mimikatemom said...

My blog, my rules. Disagree with what I've written, challenge what I have to say, but let's not take personal cheap shots. Especially behind an anonymous cover.

I will comment on the therapeutic benefits of what amounts to my gratitude journal soon.

If something offends, don't read it.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home