Thursday, February 01, 2007

Getting down with my bad self...

Literally.


Last night, while talking to myself about 6 minutes into a 20 minute run at over 6mph on the treadmill, and being very self-congratulatory because this was after I spent 30 minutes spinning on my bike (while watching a fascinating (really!) documentary about the photographer Sally Mann)... I FELL OFF. LOUDLY. Actually, I fell DOWN after catching the non-moving edge of the treadmill which stopped my right foot cold; I continued the stride with my left foot which caused me to do an incredibly rapid and effective faceplant on the belt and be immediately spit out the back of the machine onto the floor on my knees. Graceful I am...and a little sore.



So I’m taking donations for this stuff should I decide to mess with my iPod while on the narrow treadmill again....







4 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

ouch.... but at least your tan looked smokin, right? hee hee hee
so are you really okay? that sounds nasty.
I say YES to the IPOD!!!!!!! rock and roll girl!!

2:04 PM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Glad you've recovered, save for a little soreness. I bet that was a hell of a sight to see.

What really impresses me is 20 minutes at 6 MPH. I've done that speed on our treadmill, but usually for only one minute, in the course of a 15 minute walk/jog. There's no way in hell I could go 20 minutes - not even close. I could probably do five, at the most. Hmm... that might be a worthy challenge for this evening.

Next time slow it down, get a few more treadmills and a couple of friends, and try this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI

3:35 PM  
Blogger karmadog said...

I thought of you today when I almost did the same thing on the Precore. I took extra care while changing songs, not wanting to pull an "Erin!"

4:41 PM  
Blogger Beaman said...

I'm terribly sorry but I couldn't help laughing at the imagery of your mishap. Glad you're okay though. :)

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home