Thursday, October 05, 2006

To accomplish great things we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan but also believe. -Anatole France

Well! I've been having a little trouble focusing lately but I'm still here! For me, life goes on. A perspective I need to be thankful for because a fellow classmate lost his battle with cancer yesterday and I've been thinking alot about him since I heard this morning. He made an impact on my life and I know this because thinking of him conjures up at least a half dozen images in my memory and in all of them he's smiling. Smiling, not for any particular reason that I recall, but it's not a bad way to remember someone. I hope his passing was peaceful and that he was surrounded by those who loved him.

How about my best girls!? ALL of them (Lisa, Paula, Josie,(& her sister Julie) & Tina finished their first (but not last) marathon (26.2 miles!) this sunday under a beautiful fall sky on the shores of Lake Michigan. They dreamt it, they planned for it, we all believed in it and they DID IT! So very proud of them. What I lacked in ambition I made up for in volume...and I'm sure Brenda (the leaky cheerleader ;), like me, still hears cowbells in her sleep. It was such an inspiring day to watch so many people push their limits that I got a little overzealous with the yelling and belling. A cowbell is the traditional noisemaker for alot of road races and I think I wore mine out. I fully expected to be punched in the face by a stranger towards the end of the trek but instead I got smiles, albeit weary ones, and even a few requests, "More cowbell!!!". They ROCK! Now I wonder....could I possibly do 26.2?

I cannot leave out the fact that Lisa qualified for the BOSTON MARATHON with a time of 3:40 and change. If you're not a runnergeek like me I must tell you that is HUGE. That would be like me qualifying for Kona (Ironman Hawaii) in my first ironman race. HUGE!!! I'll be saving my pennies for a trip to Beantown.

Anyone else spending too much time watching the new TV shows these days? I REALLY need to get up to speed and get either a DVR or TIVO. Grey's Anatomy, Jericho, Men In Trees and Scrubs is starting up again soon. Anything else I'm missing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home