Friday, September 08, 2006

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. -Kierkegaard

Happy Friday.

Every stress hormone in my body sent out party invitations for a zit convention on my forehead. I'm too old for that aren't I? Seriously, buy some stock in Clearasil...as much as I'm going to need it should send it through the ROOF!

Best wishes for light, quick and happy feet as my girls all join the 20-miler club this weekend. Lisa's already in!!!! That's like 2000+ calories ladies! It's all downhill from here.

No race report for me from the main event last weekend because things in my life just got too crazy to focus on racing. Even if it's playing. Sometimes life is serious. So, like most racers, whether it be due to injury or circumstances beyond their control, I have to enter a DNS (did not start) in the race log for 2006. There will be other races.

So, after a busy week, I surfed my usual haunts today and found this: Entertainment Weekly's top 50 teen movies of all time...

The eighties had the best teen movies by FAR...but this was a fun jog down memory lane. They totally dropped the ball by not including Footloose though. I think that should be in the top 10. Dirty Dancing should be on the list too. Am I missing any others?

3 Comments:

Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

"My Bodyguard" - an underrated classic. I'm glad they listed this one.

Working in a video store for seven years, I can tell you that 99% of customers go right to the new releases section. However, there were always certain films that appealed to every generation, regardless of how old. Cheech & Chong films, Monty Python films and the Star Wars trilogy are good examples. Another example is "Grease" - which also made this list. The film is timeless.

I paged through that list, clicking and clicking, and was all set to type, "Where's Fast Times At Ridgemont High?" But I see it came in at #2. That film came on cable in Spetember, 1983 - just at the start of 7th grade. And if I had a nickel for everytime someone would say, "Hey bud, let's party!" I'd be rich. B.J. Lutterman was the biggest offender. He'd walk into a quiet room and yell it. Actually, it got to be annoying. But it's an endearing memory today. Great film, stellar cast.

"The Breakfast Club" - see my Ms. Neveau post. It's a highly entertaining film. But in my opinion, it's totally unrealistic. But nonetheless, I can recite a lot of the dialogue today.

What's missing?

OVER THE EDGE - http://imdb.com/title/tt0079688/
JOYSTICKS
PRIVATE SCHOOL

Those last two are just personal favorites - nothing high quality about them.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Gregg said...

I don't think I have any new ones to add, but I'm very surprised, also, that "Footloose" didn't make the list.

Glad they put "The Breakfast Club" where they did...that's a highly quotable movie, and a great soundtrack. I challenge anyone to crank up "We Are Not Alone" by Karla DeVito, and not bounce around the room like a goon. Can't be done.

I will shamefully admit that I've seen "Can't Buy Me Love" (No. 41) more than three times, but fewer than ten. Whyyyy?? I don't even think it belongs on the list.

11:30 PM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

This entire mountain is made out of snow. It's everywhere! Do you know what the street value of this is?

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home