Monday, August 07, 2006

Soar, eat ether, see what has never been seen; depart, be lost, but climb. -Edna St. Vincent Millay



Everyone should put Colorado on their lists of places to see. I got to see many beautiful places in the span of 9 days. It makes you realize that something bigger than man is at work. I associate many places with the way they smell. Powerful memories are evoked for me with just a scent floating in the air. Maybe everyone is like that. Colorado smells like cool, fresh water, pine trees and wildflowers. It's a very clean smell. Where I spent most of my time, outside that is, in the rare moments I got to myself it was blessedly quiet. Save for the sounds of the Snake River. I was lucky enough to get away for about an hour and half and ran and hiked along the river. Was amazing.

The pictures above are actually from my cell phone as I was driving from Glenwood Springs back to the Dillon area.

If anyone wants to see me and the girls (in my sexy plastic helmet which I should have worn on my knee) (and Dan and my sis-in law Mary and her daughter Caitlyn) follow this path:
www.whitewaterphotography.com
Click on AVDI if you get that choice,
Trip was Aug. 1
Our Trip was on the Arkansas River
With Breckenridge Wilderness Rafting
Skip the trip name and choose the full day option
YOu should get about 106 photos (we're in 10)....we are on Pages 4-5 #223834-223844

You'll notice Mr. Hotbody Brandon and I are still wearing our sunglasses. This is before we got dumped.

I forgot to tell the Brandon story. You just have to fall a little bit in love with a guy who walked away from (s0 he says) a lucrative landscaping business in Cinncinati and a mechanical engineering degree to scrape together a life living in a cramped apt and often sleeping in his truck so he can play on the river every day. And he definitely drove my 13 yr old niece to distraction! :)

All in all it was a good trip. The girls loved it. The Colorado lifestyle (minus the snow of course) fits into my "less is more" theory. I just wish I would have brought my bike.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Erin,
Welcome home! I'm glad you had a great vacation! We hope to drive out there next summer! The pictures of your rafting trip are great!! You all look like you are having a blast! I hope you are relaxed and refreshed from the trip and ready to face the world again!! Welcome home again!!!
Love,
Lisa

3:48 PM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

I'm not sure how your screen looked. But I didn't see any link for AVDI. I clicked "Arkansas River" then put in the date of August 1st. That and "Breckinrdige" brought me to the photos.

So does that make your arms, shoulders and chest sore?

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home