Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Vanished


Ack. I had a post all ready to go and it disappeared. so here's the short version

*Insurance companies suck; big reason today is b/c they outsource their provider relations to INDIA where speaking English does not seem to be a prerequisite to employment.

*I found a great new blog called the "Fat Cyclist". I'll add it to the list on the right. Here's an example: Riding with Darth Vader
The first mile or two of the race are all climbing on graded dirt road, which is a good place to pass a few people. Then you’re on tight singletrack for miles and miles and you pretty much can count on being with the group you’re with for a while.
I, as near as I could tell, was riding directly in front of Darth Vader.
I didn’t dare look back to tell if he was wearing the mask and black cape, because I figured he’d stick a light saber in my spokes or something, but I knew it was Darth Vader from the loud breathing. Kkkkrrreeehhhh….kkkkrrooohhh. Kkkkrrreeehhhh….kkkkrrooohhh. Regular as clockwork.
“Good day for a bike ride this is,” I said, in my best Yoda voice.
Darth Vader didn’t get it.

*Rode monday night- had a great time. Hung with the peloton for the first 6 miles and hit 27.7 mph (flat-not downhill) Yeehaw! Turned a corner and was dropped like a bad habit. Picture above is an example of my alone time. Corn and more corn.

My temp reads 96. That means hills at dusk for me. Swim tomorrow.

Holy crap Lance Bass is gay. Was I the only one who didn't see that coming?

2 Comments:

Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

"and if it stops this band from creating more music, good for all of us."

That made me laugh out loud. As Homer Simpson once said, "It's funny cuz it's true!"

Note to bloggers and commenters - if you make a long entry, ALWAYS copy it before you try to publish it. Because blogger screws up a lot. And if you try to back page, it's almost always gone. So it's best to be safe.

I met Darth Vader at Coppes back around 1979 or so. He seemed nice. But he didn't say anything. What a mob scene that was.

9:35 AM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

I'll be dogged. In addition to any Star Wars quote, you can also find any Simpsons quote on the internet.

From the episode entitled "Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th Commandment"

http://www.anvari.org/fortune/The_Simpsons/42895.html

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home