Thursday, August 17, 2006

Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.

Yup, I'm still here. My girls started school today! The hillbillies are going to have to get used to wearing shoes. My training log was pretty full the last 10 days or so but I'll spare the details. I did ride the LSL course twice on sunday...38 min and change on the first loop 42min on the second. Not too bad. Considering I had to pull over to free some sort of flying beetle that found it's way into my helmet the second time around. Eww.

It's race weekend for me and the girls. Morgan and Kate toe the line at the Crestwood Kids Tri in Crestwood MO. 25m swim, 1mile bike, 1/2 mile run. (kate's will be a death march but she might suprise me with a competitive streak).
I'm set up to hit the pool at 7:07:15am on Sunday. That means I'm about the 29th person in the water. Sounds good right? Well that also means over the next hour and a half I will probably be passed by about 75 people. And that's conservative I'm thinking. Goal #1: finish...despite losing alot of conditioning to illness and vacation. Goal #2: finish faster than last years 1:51. Barring any mechanical issues I should do okay. My transitions will be faster for sure and so should my bike leg.
http://www.renaudspiritcenter.com
Alligator's Creek Triathlon

Ever think you had a bad day? Last week I tested a young guy who had a little hearing loss from getting shot above his right ear at point blank range. He apparently got robbed getting off a bus in north St. Louis during the power outages. Not a great place to be even with the street lights ON. He's actually going to be fine save for setting of metal detectors at the airport and never being able to have an MRI. Ironically, the hearing loss he has is not from the bullet, it's from the noise of the gun going off.

My best girls are still rock'in the pavement....up to 18 milers. How about some ideas for some tunes that have a good/funky beat to mix up the music on those almost 3 hour runs. Any ideas?
I tend to gravitate towards country (I know, I know) Rob Thomas and Ludacris (sp?). How's that for a mix?

Happy Weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Happy birthday Erin! Make it a great weekend!

School in the middle of August? Whatever happened to the 13 weeks of summer?

1:38 PM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Watch that left turn onto Thoreau. It can be a rough one.

1:43 PM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

So... did you win?

8:24 AM  
Blogger karmadog said...

The last two Dixie Chicks CDs are spectacular.

Happy Burfday, booger!

12:12 AM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

SLACKER, back atyer!

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home