Friday, July 13, 2007

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.


So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason.


If you get a chance, take it.
If it changes your life, let it.


Nobody said it would be easy;
they only promised it would be worth it.


This made me feel lighter today. And so did the time I spent at home. I have a feeling that my hometown will always be "home" for me. It's not that way for everyone. Some people can make the place they live their home. I haven't yet. Home is a place I go back to, to feel the most like myself. Even after 15 years, familiar faces and familiar places all bring back so many memories.

The lake was in it's most glorious mood. Not angry and muddy.




I was able to spend some relaxed time with my parents who are so good to me and hang with my nephew who grew up when I wasn't looking.

I was kissed by thousands of butterflies as I rode my bike along the almost deserted Point Beach Rustic Road.

I got to spend time with my best girls and their kiddos and got to watch mine and theirs play in the same pool that I spent entire summers in when I WAS THEIR AGE. And very little had changed, aside from being smaller somehow. And the familiar faces!




This trip, more than other recent ones, stirred up long ago forgotten memories. Happy ones. And I am grateful.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Well said.

One of these days, I'm going to steal that photo.

1:14 PM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

But I refrained in posting it until you did first!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey said...

Leiney's Summer Shandy is like a liquid July in a bottle.

I can only imagine how precious and savory it would be on tap!

And the most important question... didja' make it to Port Sandy Bay for pizza?!

11:38 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

There is always room for you up here. Ya know, if you ever want to move back or something.

8:03 AM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Yeah, right next door actually.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home