Thursday, April 03, 2008

Rambling much?

Hey.

A mere 8 hours south of here, I think I've heard Atlanta is having some sort of drought. Sign me up. It has done NOTHING but piss from the sky and then, for effect, the wind picks up and makes me cuss and shake my fist at the sky. Like a crazy person, I talk to the weather. And also to traffic. But lately, mostly just the weather. The cute little weatherperson from South Dakota that I watch on channel 5 has completely run out of rain jokes. It ain't pretty.

[I really shouldn't complain, at least I'm not bailing out my basement like some folks down here, but seriously, they call it a FLOOD PLAIN for a reason]

But. There is promise of sun this weekend. I will be watching short, noisy people play soccer and softball. I should be playing kickball [yup, in a RAINBOW league::snort::] and while all the games have been rained out or it was high tide in the outfield or some such, we did practice in balmy 34 degree temps and I was sore for a week. And I really don't remember my heart threatening to explode out of my chest while running the bases on the playground many years ago.

I think I'm ready to shed the wet, grey, threadbare blanket of melancholy I've been foolishly dragging around all winter. I thought by now I would have figured out what was making it such a persistant companion but I haven't. Maybe I never will. Just recently, for fleeting moments, I feel it sliding off my shoulders in anticipation of the sun warming the chill out of my bones. It will feel like heaven.

Mom made a spur of the moment visit and much fun is planned in the months ahead. I have many blessings and much to look forward to. I trust that life will unfold as it should.

I hope the signs of spring fill your world with sunshine and HOPE!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Preszler

http://www.ksdk.com/images/team/Preszler.jpg

Kinda cute.

So do you even have a basement?

So don't tease. What fun plans are in the upcoming months?

9:41 PM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

And what happened to your twitter?

12:43 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

Twitter??????

Sounds hot.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home