Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"When life doesn't seem like a bed of roses remember who wore the thorns." -Unknown

Ok Brad, here ya go. I don't have much that doesn't involve a whole lot of sighing but I'll give it a shot.

It's been a long time since I've publically counted my blessing and the small things that help me put one foot in front of the other. It's about time though.

1. My beautiful, smart, funny, sensitive and thoughtful babies.

2. The craptastic mommymobile. And it's bald tires, and scraped paint and leaky radiator. I've driven a minivan for more than 10 years...my dues are paid.

3. My patients who remind me to slow down and bring me roses from their garden even when they yell at me. We all have challenges and I don't get to see many folks on their best day. But sometimes I do.

4. Fritz's lowfat ice cream.

5. Reunions

6. CO2 cartridges. I had a flat for the first time out on the road and I walked down to a park to change it and happened to change it right next to a friendly triathlete. Her presence may not have helped much aside from significantly reducing the amount of cussing that usually accompanies my tire adventures.

7. Wednesday nights. Silly songs. Beer.

8. 10th row seats at the Brooks and Dunn concert. Blake Shelton is hawt.

9. Vacation.

10. The babysitter/second mom my girls had the good luck to spend time with the last 6 years. She's moving and I am realizing that I didn't show her how much I appreciated all she's done for our family. It is beyond words.

Please share your list...if anyone is still out there. I'm not packing it in yet. I just haven't been inspired lately. I think that it requires a certain amount of balance to be able to organize thoughts into something meaningful. I am the opposite of balance. I am reeling... stumbling, really. But I haven't fallen yet. And if I do, I have to trust that the inertia of memory will not allow me to quit. Even scraped knees and elbows bring with them a good story.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Gregg said...

Welcome back, E.

Just like one word after another, one foot after another will get you where you need to go, too.

Hang in there. You'll make it through.

(Beer would definitely make my list, too. And good friends, and a lake. And a four-day weekend. And finding some time after this holiday to finally sit down and start clickin' books on GoodReads.) :O)

5:53 PM  
Blogger bstrouf said...

You have been my inspiration through a lot...LOT of tough times.

Keep hangin' in there girl...

There are people that are thinking about you, even if we're a long way away.

(I like beer too!)

12:04 PM  
Blogger bstrouf said...

Oh, and minivans suck. We traded ours in recently for a Pontiac Vibe. Still a "sissy" car, but not a minivan...

And...Rascal Flatts put on the best concert ever. In case you get a chance to see them. We did on June 30th in Milwaukee. They were awesome. Not sure what "hawt" is, but they might be that...

12:09 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Getting lost in a good book.

Running (the only solitude I get all day)

Relaxing in the sun!

Hanging with friends

Did I mention running?

My husband...who always puts us first and my kids who fill my heart up and then some.

Pepperoni rolls at Old Chicago

8:31 PM  
Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Emilie & Melayna

Relaxing

Not mowing the lawn

Cooking & learning new recipes

Flirting

Pats on the back

Text messaging

Some unmentionable things

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home